Saturday, January 25, 2014

Skincare I am currently loving #1


Hi (awkward greeting!), this is my first ever post and I thought what better way to start off than with skincare (extremely obsessed with it, no really!!!).  I started getting into skincare about a year ago after suffering from a bad breakout and frankly I was fed up with my skin, it was also effecting my confidence.  I started getting into watching you tube videos and reading beauty blogs to help me find products to help calm my skin and finally I'm at a point were I can say I'm happy with my skin.  Also I'm not a big fan of slapping on heavy foundations and concealers to hide my angry skin as it can make things worse.  Just to set the record clear Im no expert in any way I just thought I would share my thoughts and what works for me.

So enough with the gibber gabber (not sure if I spelt that right but I will put in an attempted!) and lets move on to the skincare products.  A step a lot of people skip is applying toner but I find a good hydrating toner can make a world of difference, this step I learned from Caroline Hirons's blog (which you should check out if you love skincare, her advice is always helpful and BRILLIANT).  I tried a number of toners but none impressed me and were harsh on skin but I found the clarins toner above to be gentle and hydrating and its smells of chamomile (childhood throwback!).  As you can see it is well loved and I already have a back up purchased.  Also don't ever buy toners containing alcohol (just no!), they are WAY to harsh, aren't good for your skin and will dry out your skin even more.

We all wake up (reluctantly that is!!) during the week with puffy eyes, I got a sample of the origins roll on not too long on and use it every morning, its really refreshing and help de-puff  (as the name suggests!) although I still apply an eye cream on top as I don't find it hydrating enough for under my eyes.  Moving onto creams, now that winter is here and its freezing my skin is more dry and needs a more richer cream I find the trilogy cream to be perfect for that but with this cream a little does go a long way! On days when my skin is not feeling to dry I use the Murad Essential-C day cream which a lovely light cream and also has an SPF of 30 which is an added bonus.  I know its only 4 products and a short post but baby steps :)

bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment